Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Not much going on around our home.  Quiet and peaceful, just the way we like it.  I have been doing some work in the yard.  Planting lots of flowers, hedges, and fruit trees.  My roses are starting to bloom and they are so pretty.  I did lose two plants to insects, so I need to replace those.  I finally sprayed and everything is doing well now.  I do need to get some weed and grass killer because with our mild winter and the much needed rain we've had, they are going wild!  In fact, we now have more weeds than grass on our place.  I think we will need to think about throwing some grass seeds out.  Of course it will have to be done in sections because the chickens would love to scratch at the seeds!  So, anyhow, I just wanted to share a few pictures of the roses that are blooming now.  Many more plants that haven't bloomed yet but I will share those when they do.

Blue Moon

Homestead Trailing -- original bush on our property.  At least ten years old but I'm guessing closer to twenty years.
 
Light yellow rose -- This rose bush is original to the home and is probably as old as the one above.

Peace Rose

White Tea Rose

Ever Blooming Red Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment