Saturday, April 20, 2013




We have these little guys flying, around our place, all the time.  It is a House Finch and apparently they love to build nests in wreaths.  I noticed there was a lot of activity around my front door so I went around to see what was going on.  I love birds and my first thought was that the starlings had returned.  They may have but they aren't who has been so busy.  


I found this tiny nest on the back of the wreath hanging on the front door.  I quietly move a bit closer to see if there were any eggs in the nest.


Nope, not yet.  I will continue to check the nest.  My love for birds stems from the scripture Matthew 6:26, which says,  

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?".  

My love for birds made me "threaten" my Mister if he touched that nest.  I won't even allow the front door to be opened if someone knocks on it.  They will have to come around to the back door!

No comments:

Post a Comment