Friday, April 26, 2013






This morning, I missed my Mama so bad.  Haven't had a day like this for quite some time.  One of those days where, BAM!!!, it hits you that someone you love isn't around anymore and won't be ever again.  I was having a pretty good pity party and it occurred to me, that what I was really missing was Mama's physical presence.

As I went about my day.  As I swept the floors.  As I did a bit of sewing.  As I drank coffee and had my breakfast.  As I cooked our dinner and had to stand on tippy-toes to reach the bowl on the very top shelf.  As I watched Dr. Phil and the six o'clock news.  As I read my Bible.  And when I brushed my wild, curly, hair.  Fed the dogs and retrieved the mail, I noticed something.  All of these things reminded me of Mama.  Busy hands, curious mind, short legs, crazy hair and all.  Everything I am, everything I do, everything I will ever be, is a direct reflection of my beautiful Mama.  I am who I am because of God and Mama.  

I do miss her so but God gently reminded me that she is never far.  I simply need to look within.

3 comments:

  1. So true for all of us!! Beautiful writing!! Touched me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, I think missing our Mama's goes along with Spring. Maybe it is because of Mother's Day or because flowers begin to bloom. Too many reasons for us to miss them, but God is so good, to remind us that they are never truly gone from our lives.

    Thank you for visiting! I hope you will come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, I think missing our Mama's goes along with Spring. Maybe it is because of Mother's Day or because flowers begin to bloom. Too many reasons for us to miss them, but God is so good, to remind us that they are never truly gone from our lives.

    Thank you for visiting! I hope you will come back again.

    ReplyDelete