Monday, January 21, 2013


For years, I have wanted a nice place to store and display some things that are very special to me.  I have had these things stuck, in a plastic tub, in the attic of our garage.  I haven't been able to look at them or love them.  I've never been able to display these precious things where, with just a tiny glance, the memory of the loved ones, who gave them to me, come flooding back.  I just never found the right furniture piece that would fit my taste... until this weekend.  I stopped by Goodwill and there she was.  The most beautiful hutch.  





Solid wood, lots of cubbies and in a traditional style.  Perfect condition and I love the two small drawers under the shelves.  Ones is the perfect place to keep stationery, my address book and a pen.  The other will hold my secret stash of Lindt dor truffles.  Shhhh.... don't tell.  So anyway, first thing this morning, I polished the hutch real good and placed a few things on her.  Most of my treasures are still in the attic and I can't get to them.  A job for my Mister, but I simply couldn't let her sit bare.





Some teapots, Liberty Falls buildings, and a creamer with a bunch of silk pink roses.  




This is my favorite teapot.  It was a gift from my very beautiful daughter.  I references 
1 Corinthians 16:14.




One of the Liberty Falls buildings, I have collected.  My friend, Chris aka Sweet Mama, passed away back in October but before she died she gave me several of these little buildings.  The ones she gave me are, of course, in the attic, but I found six more at Goodwill the same day I got the hutch.  I had to get them.  I really want a shadow box type display for them but for now the hutch is perfect.  I loved Sweet Mama.  She filled the void, after my own Mama passed away.  With the buildings being out, I can look upon them and see her smiling face.




Of course I had to add some roses.  Even if they are silk roses from the dollar store, they are pretty and brighten up the kitchen.  

I am so happy with my hutch and I can't wait to get the rest of my treasures out of the tubs, so I can enjoy them. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great find! Great place to put your treasures. post when it's all full.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great find! Great place to put your treasures. post when it's all full.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete